Monday, February 23, 2009

When in doubt - procrastinate

I have work to do.  I brought home a file that I desperately need to organize before tomorrow's hearing.  It's one of those files that turned into a mess.  It's also one of those files that can force you to do a hell of a lot of thinking about whether or not you dropped the ball.  Should I have caught what was happening before it became so wildly out of control?  Should I have been more vigilant?  

Probably.  Maybe.  

I mean I can only be vigilant over things that I can actually see.  If papers are inaccurately completed before handed to me and they have been signed under penalty of false statement I should believe them. 

But I'm an over thinker - so when this one blew up the way they occasionally do, I second guessed myself.  

Tonight I am trying to organize everything.  Put everything in order - sort of.  And make sense of what is before us tomorrow.  Which is really a simple question.  But the people HATE each other.  So that's always fun.

While I organize, I decided to eat a Hoodsie cup.  I bought them last night because I knew my nieces and nephew were coming over with their parents for dinner.  Hoodsie cups - remember them?  These remind me of being a kid and eating them at school.  On field trips.  At birthday parties.  I was never a huge ice cream fan.  I liked it.  I loved going out for it (mmmmm Friendly's).  But, unless I was in an ice cream mood, I didn't love it.  I was a carb kid.  Give me chocolate chip cookies, muffins, cupcakes or fresh baked bread and I was happy.  (Nice to know now that had I just been an ice cream kid I would probably have better gastrointestinal health.  Damn gluten intolerance...  Damn  you celiac disease!)

Okay, enough procrastination.  Off to organize...

No comments: