Sunday, February 22, 2009

Award show mania

I have a special weakness for award shows.  I love them.  I love watching the dresses.  I love seeing the awkward red carpet conversation.  I love the speeches.  I adore the big opening numbers.  I love the awkward on stage pairings.  Or the weird choice of presenters (Zac Efron?  Robert Pattinson?)

Even though they are unbearably long and tedious and tiresome.  I still have to watch the whole thing.  Even though I am over tired this weekend from either a weird bug or the most unusual pms symptoms, I will watch the entire five million hour long Oscars.  Even though this year I have only seen one of the Best Picture nominees, I don't care.  

So, I am settling in for a long night.  I have my blanket.  My cell phone to randomly text my friends stupid things that happen.  I have my laptop close by in case I have to look up what movie that guy was in.  And I will enjoy every damn minute.  

No comments: