Sunday, December 21, 2008

snow and cupcakes...

Snow is wonderful. I'm a big fan - even when it continues for nearly three days. I don't play in it nearly as much as I used to, but I love to watch it and I really love the way it forces you to just slow down.

Sure, you obsess over clearing it out so you can drive out of your driveway - but until it stops you really just have to wait.

You have to take an afternoon and watch a movie. Or a soccer game. Read a book. Bake cupcakes.

I finally baked the ginger molasses cupcakes today. They were wonderful. So damn good. Really. I am so happy I found this recipe on Gluten Free Girl because I will be making more for Christmas Eve. They have that great spicy ginger taste that I've recently come to like. I tweaked it a bit because I didn't have all the right ingredients at home and due to the lack of plowing I could not get out to the grocery store.



I've now wrapped all my little packages to bring to work for everyone. I decided I wanted to share my gluten free baking in the hopes that one day my dream of a bakery or mail order business might come true. Basically I give you presents in the hope that one day you'll give me money to open the business.

I still need to work on my frosting skills. I'm not all that graceful and I'm intrigued to try making a dairy free frosting at some point.


I'm not quite done with my shopping and I still have to finish the grocery shopping for Christmas Eve dinner. Ohhh so many things to do....

But they will just have to wait for the snow to end.





No comments: