Monday, April 20, 2009

and so it is

I'm in a tizzy. I get easily frustrated and feel the need for massive change to happen somewhere in my life.

As is often the case in these moments, I chopped off my hair. I'm a good five to six inches lighter and love it. It still has the feel of longer hair, but none of the annoying and irksome weight.

But that was last week. What can I change this week?

I'm trying to convince myself that I am a morning person and I am hoping to get up everyday at 6:15 to go for a run (or walk, depnding). I'm even hoping to gradually work in the occassional writing session. That is one change.

I need to re-arrange all the furniture in my house this weekend. My dad has changed his mind about his sleeping arrangements and I've figured out how to make it all happen. So that's this weekend's change. I'll be sleeping in a new bedroom.

There are a couple other areas I need to work on changing. Such as work. And my outlook.

I've been really negative lately. I'm hoping the morning routine might help there. I'm hoping that by starting off positive, I can carry that threw my day. I really want to run again. There's something so satisfying about your feet pounding on pavement to work out aggression and all those otehr emotions. And the physical benefits are awesome as well.

That's kind of where I am right now. I'm not loving where I'm at. But it's not the worst place.

Fortunately there's chocolate to make it all just a little bit better.

No comments: